Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Raking

Today's plan was to purchase T posts and set them up for the deer fence.  After a bit of a run-around, we decided to order in some eight foot posts instead of buying the seven footers that were available.  The T posts will be in on Friday.

Since I had gone through the trouble of loading up all the kids and driving into town, I decided to grab a rake and clean some of the clumps of sod out of the rows.  I spent close to three hours raking, and it's looking quite nice.  My kids had had enough fun after an hour or so, so my parents took them home and I finished up alone.  It was quite peaceful.

Picking out sod clods.  (Don't mind the wide screen effect--my automatic lens cover has issues.)

Raking.

Looking good!



I was feeling pretty frustrated and overwhelmed by life in general, so it was really nice to work in the dirt for a while.  A gentleman who lives in the neighborhood stopped by while I was working to compliment me on the garden.  He said his mom used to have a garden, and he always loved to sit near it and enjoy the quiet and the growing things.  It was nice to talk to someone from the neighborhood and to hear that the garden is already making a positive impression on people, even though nothing is growing quite yet.

I thought I might start planting yesterday, but I decided to wait until the drip irrigation system I ordered arrived.  It will be here Thursday, so Friday will be a big workday.

No comments:

Post a Comment