Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Planting Tomatoes

Late last week my mom and I went out to Brickyard Farms to buy some tomato plants.  It's a great local plant nursery and farm, and the owner was super helpful.  Today we planted the tomatoes in the straw bales.  Here's hoping it is warm and sheltered enough on the south side of the garage for these plants to thrive.

I bought 14 plants, planning to put two in each bale.  Someone donated eight more tomato plants (the taller plants).  They were in the church office during the warmer weather, so some of them were a little worse for wear.  I planted as many as I could fit, putting three plants in each bale.  This whole straw bale garden is a bit of an experiment, so we'll see how things go!

Planting tomatoes.

The kids enjoyed the sunshine while we worked.

Old McElim had a farm...

Done!

Now we water and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment